- Formal Tertiary education: Qualified Artisan (Mechanical Tool Making/Turner)
- Computer literate
- English – Read, write and speak (required)
- Afrikaans – Read, write and speak (optional)
- Drivers Licence: Code 8 (required)
- 2 – 5 years after qualified within the machining / tool making environment.
- Must have had raw material handling experience
- Worked manual lathe machines
- Job planning experience
- Read mechanical manufacturing drawings
- Work accurate and to deadlines
- The Successful Incumbent (Toolmaker/Fitter & Turner) must be able to make and fit parts to machinery and fixed plant such as pumps, engines, and conveyor systems, hydraulic and pneumatic driven machines.
- Operates lathes and center lathes.
- Use different hand tools and work with many types of metal such as brass, mild steel, stainless steel, bright blue bar etc.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read mechanical assembly drawings and manufacturing of all items broken down to individual components.
- Good communication skills.
- Timing and quality of finished items.
- Manage own work (time and processes) to achieve set targets.
- Ability to work as an individual when required and as a team with a common end goal.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to make quick decisions and discuss it with supervisor.
- Ability to take orders
- Ability to work as a team
- Manage the quality of each individual part manufactured part for the project.
- Support JQS (Jendamark Quality System)
- Supporting the Company Code of Conduct and all Company policies.
- It is acknowledged that all employees form part of the team in supporting the wellbeing and the best interests of the Company.
- Able to safely operate all the machines
- The employee would be starting out as a basic machining employee and the degree of difficulty of the different jobs would be determined by the Supervisor. The Employee would however be able to operate the different machines and do the jobs with the lower tolerance parameters. The employee will be working up the pay scale to the operator top rate and then slotted in at the rate as determined by his performance and ability after becoming qualified.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please kindly consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after the closing date.
Closing Date: 30 September 2021