- Formal Tertiary education: Minimum Grade 12
Electrical Engineering Degree or a Qualified Electrical Artisan
- Experience: Relevant Manufacturing/Engineering Degree/Diploma or
Purchasing experience, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment.
Strong technical knowledge and understanding of automotive processes.
Computer literate (MS Office)
- Languages: English – Read, write and speak (required)
Afrikaans – Read, write and speak (optional)
- Drivers Licence: Code 8- (required)
- Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and delivery and to ensure continuity of supply.
- This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a purchaser and includes some people management responsibility.
- The successful candidate will take responsibility for a specific project or hold a larger remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
- The successful candidate should have more technical knowledge, expertise, and understanding and will be seen as a specialist within their function.
- The successful candidate will be the link between design, purchasing and the assembly departments.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manage the buying process for a given set of goods in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Provide technical / commercial assistance to purchasers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Drive cost reduction from a technical point of view.
- Actively participate in supplier performance reviews.
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply problems which may pose a risk or impact on business operations.
- Research and evaluate technical areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible.
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures.
- Explore alternate sources for goods and materials.
- Assess quotations from potential suppliers and comparing to previous paid prices and alternative suppliers.
- Prepare purchase orders in line with final negotiations with selected suppliers
- Research on and evaluate existing and new suppliers.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, and delivery or invoice issues.
- Mentor and coach the team to enhance their technical abilities.
- Work collaboratively with design department regarding new projects, supplies and initiatives and advise of impact of change on purchasing and production activities.
- Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact
- Attend meetings and update others on issues or concerns, in particular when there is a risk that could affect the project.
- Support product change requests and review and communicate the impact
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communication
- Represent the Purchasing Dept.at various project meetings.
- Receiving Projects task completion lists from purchasers and advising assembly of any timing restraints on current dates.
- Assisting with the sourcing of alternate parts when required to not hold up the assembly & commissioning process.
- Conducting meetings with all internal departments and providing feedback on purchased items.
- Track Projects task and advising them of any timing restraints on current dates for completion.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Please consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted 2 weeks after the closing date.
Closing Date: 30 November 2020