Are you a software developer or systems analyst looking to take ownership and contribute to the management of the development lifecycle? Exciting new opportunity for a creative individual with software development experience to take a business systems analyst role during the development of innovative new software products for the manufacturing industry.
Operator guidance application:
Preventative maintenance application:
- Formal Tertiary Education: Information Technology Qualification/ National Diploma Software Development/ Any Engineering Field Qualification
- Preferred: Experience in an agile environment
- Drivers Licence: Code 8- (required)
- English – Read, write and speak (required)
- Afrikaans – Read, write and speak (optional)
Minimum 3 years’ experience in:
- Software Technical Writing
- Software development using AWS and .NET Core
- Systems Analyst or similar role in eliciting business requirements for systems design and development.
- The responsibility of the Systems Analyst is to be a liaison between key enterprise customers and the project implementation team, determining the customer needs and converting it to business requirements. This entails the analysis and understanding of the business requirements through a structured process of modelling and validating, converting it into business requirement specifications and/or functional specifications that are used by developers to craft a solution.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Testing and Troubleshooting of current Odin development versions and Customer on premise environments
- To take ownership over projects assigned to him/her in order to deliver project solutions on time and budget.
- To be involved at all stages of the development life cycle: initial analysis, implementation, integration, testing, debugging and support.
- To consider systems performance requirements.
- To be aware of the latest software development technologies and methodologies.
- To follow consistent processes set by the team while looking to offer constructive suggestions around new tools and ideas to enhance processes.
- To review your project progress and feedback clearly to your manager
- Facilitate customer on boarding
- Prioritize requirements and create conceptual prototypes and mock-ups
- User Acceptance Testing to ensure that the designed solution meets business requirements
- Make recommendations that lead to software enhancements and improve the customer’s experience
- Excellent customer facing/customer service skills
- Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please kindly consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after the closing date.