- Formal Tertiary education: Grade 12
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mechatronics
- English – Read, write and speak (required)
- Afrikaans – Read, write and speak (optional)
- Drivers Licence: Code 8 (required)
- Minimum 1 year of technology experience in the field.
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, and enterprise software applications.
- Technical experience with systems networking, databases, Web development, and user support.
- Extensive knowledge in Data Base design in Microsoft SQL.
- Background in C or C# Languages, Microsoft .NET, Visual Basic, Excel, Word, Outlook, and HTML.
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office Products, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft Project.
- Strong project management skills with effective results focus within an information systems environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures, and guidelines to support operational processes.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- PLC Programming experience advantageous.
- Provide system-level support of multi-user operating systems, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems.
- Identify alternatives for optimizing computer resources.
- Development & implementation of software applications for internal and external use
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collect information to analyse and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Research, plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade operating systems.
- Prepare detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Research and recommend hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Write and maintain system documentation.
- Conduct technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance existing Microsoft based systems.
- Identify opportunities that can improve efficiency of business processes (MES & ERP).
- Assist in troubleshooting software application issues
- Assist in managing an outsource relationship for 3rd party application development and programming consultants.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and identify modifications needed in existing applications to meet changing user requirements.
- Analyse data contained in corporate databases and identify data integrity issues with existing and proposed systems and implement solutions.
- Provides assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology.
- Participate on IT project steering committees and be involved in the design phase of any new IT software development projects.
- Assist in the creation of the system design and functional specifications for all new development projects.
- Translating client requirements into highly specified project briefs.
- Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business.
- Creating logical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Drawing up specific proposals for modified or replacement systems.
- Presenting proposals to clients.
- Working closely with programmers and a variety of end-users to ensure technical compatibility.
- Drawing up a testing schedule for the complete system.
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline.
- Providing training to users of a new system.
- Keeping up to date with technical as well as industry sector developments.
- Monitoring and improving the efficiency of business processes, as well as collecting and interpreting data
- Conduct workshops with customers to gather detailed user requirements.
- Work following a standard development methodology.
- Interpret business processes into user interaction flows and screen layout.
- Be accountable and send status reports to client and team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment Equity Act, No. 55 of 1998.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please kindly consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted two weeks after the closing date.
CLOSING DATE: 08 October 2021