Formal Tertiary education : N. Dip or higher in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics Degree
Drivers License : Code 8 – required
Languages : English (speak, read, and write)
Afrikaans (speak, read, and write)
- Min. 2-5 Years’ experience in a design capacity
- Min. 2-3 Years’ experience in Design & Development
- Min. 2 Years’ experience as Team Leader (Management exposure advantages)
- To work within the design department team, as Design Supervisor, to deliver engineering designs and solutions specific to customer requirements and / or specifications on a specific project timeline basis.
- To implement and maintain design procedures in order to improve design productivity and accuracy of design.
- To improve the development of the design team in order to achieve the highest design standard
- To ensure continuous improvement in design department and staying at the forefront of technology.
- To enforce JMK rules and policies within the design department.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leading a design team to meet a projects technical and timeline requirements.
- To ensure that product solutions are developed / researched to achieve compliance with design objectives and project specifics.
- Set-up, control and ensure Design Timing is met as per project requirement.
- To verify technical designs.
- To specify components for the purpose of procurement.
- To liaise with specialist consultants e.g. Design Consultants/Suppliers.
- To liaise with customer with regards to requirements and or changes during the design phase.
- To resolve manufacturing issues in the early stages of design and development.
- To comply with ISO procedures with regards to Project Handover, Concept Development, Design Realisation and Design Sign off.
Preference will be given to employees from the designated groups in line with the provisions of the Employment equity Act, No. 55 of 1998
Please consider your application unsuccessful if not contacted 2 weeks after the closing date.
Closing Date: 05 February 2021